Friday, October 8, 2010

A New Home

So, it's been 8 weeks that we have been here in Cebu and right about now we are starting to actually feel settled. I think the biggest contributor to that fact is that we have moved into our new apartment. We love being able to sleep, watch t.v., get online at home, skype with family and friends, not having to drive into the office to call people, etc etc etc. It has been great and we are really loving every minute of it. Having somewhere we feel comfortable really has made all the difference. The landlord is very responsive and has already fixed the A/C in the master bedroom and installed a new A/C in the living room. When there are "brownouts", the electricity goes out for an hour or two, the apartment complex has a generator and we get our power back on in just a few minutes. So great! We are having to get used to living in an apartment complex again, with the noises of neighbors close by, but we would take that vs. karaoke any day! Below are some pictures of the house, just so you have a reference for where and how we live. It's a little different than home.

This is our master bedroom at the beach house, the ONLY place we spent any time.


This is the living room/dining room of our new place. We JUST moved, it's messy! And look, we still have a GREAT view!


The new master bedroom. It's empty and quite big, but comfy.


Master Bathroom


The spare bedroom/computer room. Remember, we just moved, it's messy!


The kitchen (notice the number of cupboards...yikes)


A little friend in the kitchen. We get these guys all over the house, but I like them cause they eat bugs:). (I know, I need to clean out my sink)

The spare bathroom and yes, we did pick out the rubber ducky shower curtain:)

We are happy to be settling in and feeling at home. Maybe some of you can visit us soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little friend in the sink! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling more at home. The place looks nice and big!

Alana Tolley said...

Looks like a great new place, and the view is amazing! I might be tempted to just stay in the beach house, possibly just because I like the idea of living in a beach house :)

Valerie Mom said...

I think your place looks awesome. I'm praying you get more sleep and can actually enjoy being at home. Have you talked to Nate and Tiff on Skype. If you have, I'm jealous. Jessica gets home tonight and I think Avery is very excited. I think she's not feeling great today. We've had cold weather but today is really warm and sunny and she keeps saying she's cold. Fun for Jessica!

Julie Knowlton said...

We love your new home. I think it is officially home now that we have all dined there. Thank you again for having us. The dinner was yummy, the company was swell, and Beau already wants to go back.

I love that we both posted pictures of our homes. :)

Tiffany Johnson said...

I love your new place!! It looks very Homey!!! I'm glad you are feeling a little more settled. I'm glad we got to see you guys on Skype the other day. Can't wait to see you again tonight. The girls are so excited!

.the palsky's. said...

I'm glad that you guys are free of the karoke! i can't believe how little cupboard space you have though. maybe i should ship you some ikea shelving. you need to put up pictures after you're fully unpacked!

ps. love your bedspread. v. cute.