Monday, July 30, 2012

Father's Day

So, now I need to get back to all of the posts that I never posted because of the craziness that was this last month.

First things first, I feel like a horrible wife!  This was Ben's FIRST official fathers day and I haven't even blogged about it.  For the record, he did have a pretty great day.  Benson and I went out shopping the day before and spoiled him with lots of fun gifts.  Sadly, I didn't take a picture of any of them.  We sent Ben on a scavenger hunt to find them, so i got video...but no pictures.  He got a new Blu Ray, a new shirt, the family got Oregon Beavers clothing, he got basketball shorts and a nice card.  I think there was more but now that it has been so long I honestly cannot recall.  I know, I am horrible!

I am not sure there is any way to really explain what an amazing dad Ben is.  One of the main reasons I wanted to marry Ben was because I knew he would be an amazing father.  Here we are six years later and he proves me right daily.  From the second he held Benson in his arms, he has been completely in love.  He sings to him, plays the guitar with him, reads to him, plays with him, talks to him, holds him, changes him, gets up with him in the night and just completely and totally adores him.  I am one lucky woman to have such a great man for a husband and Benson is one lucky little boy.  He could not have asked for a better daddy!

His first moment as a daddy!




Sierra and her sisters adored Ben

Just havin a chat










Our little family on Father's Day 2012

Ben and his son :)

Happy Fathers Day!  I cannot wait to celebrate many more with you!

Love you babe!!!

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

FANTASTIC pictures. We love Ben and I'm glad he was spoiled on his first Father's Day. :)

Tiffany Johnson said...

So cute. Ben is a pretty good guy, i'll admit it. Not only have I been blessed to see his great ability to turn into an amazing dad, he's also a great uncle. :-)

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

We are all so lucky to have Ben in our family!! Such awesome pictures. You guys are both such wonderful parents. Love all of you!