Thursday, December 23, 2010

Back in the U.S.A

We have officially been in the United States for 48 hours and have loved every minute of it.  Some of the little things that we have enjoyed so far:
Public drinking fountains
 
Toilet seat covers, toilet paper provided and even the fact that there is a toilet seat


Being able to drink water from the tap without the worry of getting sick (and in Oregon it tastes great)
Good food that we have missed.  So far we have had Papa John's pizza, Red Robin and Taco Bell and we have a whole list of places we will be visiting.

Dogs as pets.  Some people in Cebu do have dogs, but it is more common to see sad, injured, sick strays.  I love seeing people love their dogs.



Wide open roads with no traffic....and driving above 30mph.
 

Although I have sworn off aspertame for the past 3 months...while on vacation I have to take advantage of my favorite drink ever!  Do the DEW!

 We have also loved spending time with family, but I can't find my chord to download pictures so I will post about that later.  We are so grateful for the opportunity to live in the Philippines, but being home is fun and we are going to take advantage of every second.

4 comments:

The Staheli's said...

So glad you are here and safe!! Enjoy Oregon and we look forward to seeing you in UTAH! :D

The Bentley's said...

oh yeah!!!! I wish I was there to see you:(( and I didn't know where to send a christmas card to you?? Miss you!! love you!!! enjoy your fmaily and a little vaca!! when do you head back?

Tiffany Johnson said...

LOVE this post. It was fun to see all the things you are enjoying while here. I love that we've been able to see you so much!! Love you!

Valerie Mom said...

So glad you were able to be with us for so long. It was so great to spend time with you guys and all the family. And I now see common things like drinking fountains, clean bathrooms and dogs with new appreciation.You take care of each other and we'll take care of Archie for you. No fear of a skinny dog here!