Friday, February 11, 2011

Other People's Children

Ben and I are coming up on our five year anniversary.  It's hard for some people to even comprehend being married five years and not having children yet.  Believe me, we get questions ALL the time, and some awesome and inappropriate suggestions (but that will be a whole separate post). 

As I look back over the last five years I do realize that through the struggle of infertility we are still surrounded by children. It hit me that many of the funnest, happiest moments for us are about other people's children.  We have had many opportunities to serve in primary, be nursery leaders, work at a crisis nursery and just to be an aunt and uncle to the best kids in the world.  We have been involved in the lives of our friends children, our families children and we have loved each and every one of those opportunities and look forward to more in the future.  I know that each of you appreciate and love your children more than anyone can even imagine but I hope you know that WE love them too and we are grateful to you for letting us be a part of their lives. It means more to us than you know.







8 comments:

This is Us said...

Such a cute post with some AWESOME pictures. I love the one of you guys asleep in the back seat. PRICELESS!

Anjuli said...

Bradley loved the time he got to spend with you guys. I think little kids know cool adults when they see them.

Silver Back said...

I just like that Ben is wearing the Tigers hat in half of those photos.

We made a good choice that day.

The Staheli's said...

Thanks for making me cry.
Love the post.
Great, great pictures.

.the palsky's. said...

this is such a great post. you guys are so wonderful, and i love you muchly. :)

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

Every child should be blessed to have an aunt or uncle like you and Ben. I loved the pictures. I can't wait for the day when you have your own little ones. I know you will and they will be lucky to have such "practiced" parents. Love you guys!

Tiffany Johnson said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this post. Our kids love you MORE than you will ever know. They miss you terribly.

Julie Knowlton said...

I love this post. Kids love you guys. You are just easy to love. :)