Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

I love Christmas time. I didn't know it until this year, but it really is the best time of the year. My favorite part of the day is late at night when all of the lights in my house are off except the ones on the Christmas tree. They light up the whole room and just bring a warmth with them. I also love driving up to the house and seeing the Christmas lights Ben put up. It was the coldest, snowiest day of the year and he was out there, up on the ladder, putting up those lights. What a man! This year is the first time we have had our own Christmas tree, our own Christmas lights, even better our own house! Wow, things have changed a lot. Last year, we were living in a tiny 1 bedroom apartment with bars on the windows, surrounded by parking lots and cement. This year...our own house, with our own yard, neighbors and family nearby! It's no wonder I love Christmas, WE ARE HOME!

1 comment:

Amy Sue said...

I am sure you don't miss that 1 bedroom apt with the drug dealers and all, but we do miss you! I am just glad you are happy! Merry Christmas!!!