Friday, February 29, 2008

The Internet

So, I just have to quickly say that although I don't know what I would do without it, sometimes the internet is a curse. Let me explain. I am lucky enough to be starting a new medication tomorrow. Ben and I both feel good about it and feel like it's the next step in realizing our goals for the future. I will be getting my first of three monthly shots tomorrow morning. I have realized one very important thing, once you have decided on something and know you are going to do it, DO NOT research it, DO NOT look it up on the internet, DO NOT! I may sound extreme, but the past few days I have been looking up this medication online and it is scaring the crap (excuse my language) out of me. I have to continue to remind myself that no one shares their good stories, people only want to share the bad. All I have been reading online is how awful the side effects are, how I am going to feel like I am 60 years old instead of 30, how CRAZY I will be, how fat I will get, how bad my skin will get, how much hair I am going to lose, how much sleep I will not get, how much my bones will hurt, and so on and so forth. It's all bad, no good and it is scaring me to death! But, I got an answer. I prayed and I know this is what I am supposed to do. This is the right thing for us and I have to move forward with faith. So, I may hate the internet at this moment, but I am so blessed to know that we receive personal revelation from the Lord. He knows what is best for us, and He will let us know what that is, if we ask. There is a plan for each of us and how glad I am to know that!
Oh...and everyone that is reading this...please remind me I said all of these things when I am in the thick of it!

11 comments:

The Cowleys said...

Carmen youre amazing!

melanie said...

Thanks for the post Carmen! You really helped me out today.. Love you...

The Staheli's said...

I'll remind you! :) That's what sisters are for.
And you ARE amazing!!!
LOVE YA!

Tiffany Johnson said...

You are in our prayers.. and i'll agree.. you ARE amazing. We still need to go out!

The Staheli's said...

So Justin is busting up at the fact that you have Brittney Spears on your song list...but Avery and I LOVE IT!!!!! :D
P.S. He totally has a crush on her, so he's just jealous haha!

Ellen said...

When I got pregnant with Abby, suddenly people were popping out of the woodwork to tell me their horror miscarriage stories, horror birth stories, horror everything stories! They'd say to be careful of this or that or watch out for this or the baby will die...and on and on. I finally had to tell people to just stop. You do what's best for you, don't listen to all the negatives out there, but instead to your heart. It'll be okay, and Heavenly Father will bless you, even if it does end up being harder than you thought it would be.

The Bentley's said...

hopefully you will get none of the side efects!!! it was fun to talk yesterday:) linds

The Bentley's said...

hopefully you will get none of the side efects!!! it was fun to talk yesterday:) linds

Jennica said...

How are things going??? You are in my thoughts and prayers. And thanks for excusing your language (since when is CRAP language that needs to be excused??!?). :) Love ya

Rick...the meek and mild said...

Remember what President Hinckley said about his chemo at such an advanced age..."I have a commitment to serve the Lord and I must do everything I can to extend my time here on earth to serve him...
I'm cheering for you girl

Jenny Lynes said...

I bet you won't need any of us to remind you! You are awesome! And in my prayers! (But we can always stage an intervention during presidency meeting if necessary!)