Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home for the Holidays (Post #3)

Pretty much every time I have visited Ben's family in Oregon his mom has asked that we all drive up together and visit her sister and family in Washington. EVERY time we don't go because none of the kids want to make the trek. I will admit that I am not innocent. The first time we went up there, when Ben and I were engaged, she wanted to drive up the day after we had arrived. We had just driven like 15 hours overnight from Los Angeles and the last thing I wanted to do was to climb back into a car and drive another 3-4 hours, so I said no. It was actually quite a funny experience because that was the first time Ben actually had to choose between agreeing with his future wife or agreeing with his mother. I remember him saying to me, "but my MOM is saying we have to go."  He made the right choice. Haha. This time, everyone agreed to make the drive up there and I am so glad we did. We spent a few hours in the car driving up to Puyallup Washington. The drive was beautiful and we had time to spend to catch up with Ben's brother, Archie who came in our car. Once we arrived we got to see Elizabeth, her two sons Jonny and Noah, and Jonny's kids. It's been a few years since we had seen these guys so it was fun to just hang out and catch up. The drive back kind of felt like forever, but I was happy when we stopped at Taco Bell and got me a burrito.  I didn't eat much of the Filipino food at Elizabeth's, only because I was "saving" my appetite for the many American places I had on my list.  A Taco Bell burrito tastes pretty good after 5 months of no Mexican food.  This was a really fun day and I am so glad the whole family made the trip!
The family enjoying a good meal

Oh, did I mention Teddy came along for the trip.  He LOVED cuddling with me.  It was adorable.

Anyone want a snack?

2 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Glad to see new posts. I love seeing what you guys did in Oregon and with Ben's family. :)

Valerie Mom said...

Good job with the blog posts. It is fun to see what you guys did in Oregon. Miss you already, though!