Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 10, 2013

Ben is on Fall Break from student teaching, so he was here when Benson and I got up this morning.  Benson ran into the room yelling "Daddy".  The way he says daddy is the cutest thing in the entire world. He says it ALL the time lately.  So adorable.  They got to play together before bedtime tonight too.  Fall break is the best!


Benson's favorite thing lately seems to be hiding in small, dark places.  He runs into the closet and makes me close the door and he will stay in there forever.  He isn't even scared that it's dark.


Then today he crawled into the corner cupboard in the kitchen and just played in there for a while.  At first I was worried he would get stuck, but he got in and out about 10x today no problem


It's so fun to watch Benson develop new skills every day.  He has been trying to build with his duplo blocks for a while, but mostly just gets frustrated.  Well, today he built and built and built and was so extremely proud of himself.  When he looked up at me with this proud face and huge grin and said "mom" expecting to show off his new skill it just melted my heart.  I am the first person he looks for when he does something new and it is the best part of my day.



No comments: