Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October 2, 2013

Today was a fun day for us because we had a visitor for most of the day.  Ella is our upstairs neighbor and we get to watch her for the next three days while her mommy is at the Doterra conference.  We aren't complaining.  Even though Benson acts jealous and cranky and doesn't share well, I can tell he LOVES having a companion and tomorrow and Friday are going to be even better. 


One of his favorite things to do is play in water.  While we were back living in our house we would do this out on the front porch, but now that we are in a basement and don't have a porch the kitchen sink it is.  He loves it and could probably be there all day if I allowed it.  My favorite part is his tongue, he was concentrating extra hard on getting that water where he wanted it.  


This picture below is my favorite from today because THIS is the face he makes when he sees something exciting and awe-inspiring.  This is when he thought he heard an airplane.  The excitement he feels about the little things truly do make life exciting and fascinating again.



Anyone who knows me well, knows I do not cook!  Well, staying home at full time has changed that.  I actually cook dinners :).  Tonight it was my mom's spaghetti for the first time.  From Benson's face and the fact that he ate two full bowls, I am thinking it was a success.




Today was a good day for us.  We played with Ella, went to the Orem library for laptime, came home and had lunch and then both of them went down for a nap.  Later this evening I made dinner then Benson and I walked down to Grandma's so she could watch him while I went out for a jog/walk.  We walked home together in the cool, almost rainy weather and then had dinner and bath time.  It was a very normal and typical day for us, but we were both in great moods and extra happy today.  Maybe we need visitors more often.

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

I love that you are blogging again! Great pictures. Avery and Justin both LOVE Mom's spaghetti too. :)